October 26, 2012

Vegetable Potstickers




Not as tasty if without black vinegar.

Hey guys! It's potstickers time again! But today, I decided to make vegetable ONLY potstickers! ha! Vegetable? Sounds heathtly right? and YES they are!

Everytime when I look at potstickers' picture, I just feel want to give them a bite! They look so cute, and white in colour. And they seem like saying "come bite me and eat me!" Their look make them look so fat and juicy. hahaha! Aren't they?

This time I used vegetable as the filling of the potstickers instead of pork filling. Cause I believe vegetable potstickers can be also very delicious. In the end, when I taste it, it is delicious! They are worth for me to make them! AGAIN!!


ANDREA NGUYEN'S  RECIPE

BASIC DUMPLING DOUGH:
Click here!

VEGETABLE FILLINGS:
Click here!
(I add in some osyter sauce and cabbages myself to the recipe as I like the crunchy texture.)

MY RECIPE ^^

DIPPING SAUCE:
4 Tbsp Chinese Black Vinegar
1 Tbsp finely chopped/sliced ginger


Looks adorable!


NOTE: If you want to include cabbage in your pot-stickers, salt the cabbage first, and let it sit for 30 minutes and squeeze all the water out of the cabbage. Watery cabbage = soggy dumplings. Look how much water comes out after 30 minutes of salting:

The salt draws out the water. For every handful of shredded cabbage, use about 1 teaspoon of kosher salt (1/2 tsp table salt), mix well, let sit for 30 minutes at room temp. Place salted cabbage in cheesecloth and squeeze water out. You could also just do this in your hands too, if you don’t have cheesecloth.


The End.




Reactions:

0 Voices:

Post a Comment

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.