Durian, was one of my favorite fruits when I was young. I love them with all of my heart! I dreamed of eating durian cake all the time... and decided to make durian cheese cake or whatever related to durian once I got leftover durian in my fridge. I ate it once before when I was still a child and now I couldn't forget them. I miss them :'(
Well, now that I have grown up, I am going to make them!! All of my family members love them with all of their hearts too. LOL. So, everytime when my dad brought durians home, all of us will surround the durians and eat as fast as we can. Sounds like hungry ghosts! xD
This Durian Cream Cake is the BEST BEST cake I ever had! And a cake to die for! I feel so proud of myself! And I feel so happy that my family also enjoy it very much. But too bad, the cake is not enough for us. Well I guess anything related to durian will never be enough? xD
I feel so sad to those who don't like durian, that they can't enjoy the goodness of durian. =( Some of my western game friends ever ask me about the taste and smell of the durian. For me, they are sort of a mix up of a very strong cheese with garlic. Am I right?
Okay, here's the recipe and you can start to make one for yourself today! There you GO!
8 Eggs (Separate egg yolk and egg white)
160g Flour (Always sift the flour)
80g Corn oil
(*You can use any sponge cake recipe as you like.)
1. Beat egg whites in a clean bowl then gradually add in sugar with high speed until stiff.
2. Gently fold in egg yolks. (SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW I FORGOT TO ADD THIS IN RECIPE! IF I GOT ANY MISTAKE PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW!! THANK YOU!)
3. Then, gently fold in flour by using spatula until it is well combined. Use hand whisk to whisk it for a while to make sure all the flour is combined.
4. Fold through the corn oil until it is well combined.
5. Bake at 180 celcius, 20-25minutes(Big oven) @ 150 celcius, 35 minutes(Small oven). Cool on wire racks. (Depends on your own oven.)
6. Once the layers have cooled, slice them in four.
DURIAN CREAM FILLING
650g Durian meat
200ml Whipping cream
1 Tbsp Sugar
1. Mix up durian meat and sugar and cook it for about 2 minutes. Stir it while you cook it. Put aside and wait for it to cool completely.
2. In another bowl, whip up the whipping cream until it forms a stiff peak.
3. Now, mix together the durian with the whipped cream until it is well combined.