November 13, 2012

Roasted Sweet Tofu




Every time when I look at tofu, it reminded me of my mom's words.

"kai kai ar...Tofu can make your skin smooth and look silky white. Why don't you like to eat it? I can't seem to understand!"

"But mom, tofu is tasteless.", brother replied.

Tofu, a dish that I don't really like to eat too when I was a child. My brothers were worse, they don't even touch it. But after my mom's words, I started giving a chance to tofu and always believed that tofu can make my skin smooth and silky.(HAHAHA! Even thought I don't know if that is true or not. XD)

So, today is my Tofu adventure. I am going to cook it before I cook it for my brother to eat. You know what, when he looked at my baked tofu photo, he said, "Jie, why don't you cook tofu for me? They look so tempting!" Oh well, it seems like my baked tofu have 'touch' his heart.

This tofu recipe is not bad. I will definitely try it again. And you know, it's a great addition to salads! They are quite simple to cook and the ingredients can be easily acquired. Who doesn't love simple cook? 

INGREDIENTS:
One big block of Tofu
3 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Ketchup
1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
1/2 Tbsp Rice Wine
1/2 Tsp minced garlic
1/4 Tsp ground pepper

Sesame seeds(For Decor)
(Roast the sesame seeds before you toss on the tofu as it will add more flavor.)

METHOD:
1. Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius.
2. Gently wash through the tofu with clean water. Cut it into dice size and let them sit on the paper towel to remove excess water for about 20 minutes.
2. Mix up all the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the seasoning mixture to the tofu and let it marinate for about 10 minutes.
4. Put it on the baking sheet and toss on it with some sesame seeds. Bake it for 20 minutes.

NOTE: If you want to remove tofu from the baking paper (nicely and not broken), wait for it to cool down for sometime and gently remove it with the help of a spoon. Else your tofu will be broken. I swear!






Reactions:

0 Voices:

Post a Comment

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.