April 06, 2013

Egg Tarts

Makes 15 egg tarts. (Depends)
Adapted from mom's friend.



Egg tarts are my all time favorite since I was still a child. Every time when I go into a bakery shop, I would love to get myself one, before I knew how to bake. 

I got this recipe from my mother's friend. So far, I have tried so many version of egg tarts recipe and I love this recipe the most. In order to reach the perfect taste of the pastry, milk powder plays an important role. But today, my favorite milk powder finished. So I have to use another brand of milk powder. =( Never mind, I  will put more milk powder but also at the same time, I will reduce the amount of flour too. 

Today I woke up early. About 7 am. I found that my mom love to talk to me when I am sleeping. And the funniest thing is that I will answer her back. So after she talk to me, I can't fall back to sleep. So, in the end, I made this.....egg tarts....

INGREDIENTS:
FILLING:
Milk 375g
Fine sugar 105g
Full eggs 4 1/2
Egg yolks 3
Corn flours 1 Tsp

PASTRY:
Butter 150g
Sugar powder 25g
Milk powder 2 Tbsp
Flour 250g (Reduced 1 Tbsp)
Egg yolk 1

METHOD:
FILLING:
1. Break eggs.
2. In another bowl, add corn flour to milk. 
3. Using double boil method to heat up your milk and add in sugar, stir until it fully melt. (I used hot water to make my milk.) Set aside and let it cool. 
4. Add in the eggs. Filter it.

PASTRY:
1. Add everything(except egg yolk) in a clean bowl. Mix them up by using hand. Add in egg yolk.
2. Simply brush some oil to the mould. Divide pastry dough into equally 15 pieces. (Depends.) Press the dough into the tarts mould. 
3. Bake at 170, 20-25 minutes. 







Reactions:

0 Voices:

Post a Comment

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.