April 22, 2013

Roasted Chicken


Yum yum! Looking at Jamie Oliver's show on TV, it makes me craving for roasted chicken.

After I got my new oven, I never bake a chicken yet. I knew my previous oven got broken because my chicken's skin was unable to turn into golden colour...and from that moment I just knew my oven's upper heat cannot function. Now....with this new oven, I want to see a golden colour chicken come out from my oven! =D

INGREDIENTS:
Chicken(Roughly 1.5kg)
Fresh parsley
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Garlic
Dried Thyme
Olive oil

METHOD:
1. Clean the chicken. Pat it DRY with paper towels.
2. Drizzle olive oil on the chicken and rub it all over the skin. Season generously in and out with salt and black pepper. Place the dried thyme, garlic and pasley inside the cavity. Sew it up with needle and thread. 
3. Position the chicken breast side down to allow all the juices to gather in the breast meat.
4. Let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours. (Mine marinate for 8 hours)
5. Preheat the oven at 200 Celsius. Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours. Don't over cook. Overcooked chicken = Dry chicken.
6. Remove from oven and let it rest for at least 20minutes before cutting. It allows the juices to redistribute into the meat. It makes the meat moist and juicy!

TIPS for juicy chickens:-
1. Positioning the chicken breast side down to allow all the juices gather in the breast meat. Which is the butt is on top.
2. Add fat on the chicken. For eg, butter cube, olive oil or bacon. While it's cooking...the fat will melt away and slowly flow downward to the chicken.....
3. Never overcook. For mine 1.5kg of chicken I used 1 1/2 hours, 200 Celsius.
4. Don't cut your chicken once it come out from the oven. Always let it rest for at least 20minutes to allow the juices to redistribute into the meat. It makes the meat moist and juicy!




Reactions:

0 Voices:

Post a Comment

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.