May 10, 2013

Pandan Layered Cake (Mother Day's Cake)

Mother day is coming soon guys!! How are you going to celebrate? 


Oh well......few days ago my mom and her friends wanted to celebrate a early mother day for 
a po po. So, my mom is responsible for preparing cake. Hmm..been thinking what kind of cake should I make... chocolate cake? No... too sweet for them... baked cheese cake? No...too rich.... chiffon cake? No... they don't want because the chiffon cake is so fluffy.. finish faster... ar! How about Pandan layer cake? A cake which is very yummy and not too sweet. Suitable for 'old adult' =P. Last time I made the cake was like 3 years ago...that time I still don't know how to make a sponge cake. I don't even know how to beat the egg white into soft peak/ stiff peak form. 


First make was at year 2010. Do you see the sponge layer? So fail!


I miss this cake so much. Since I know the skill already, why not bake it? I believe everyone will love pandan, and this cake for sure! This time I changed my recipe.. for the cake I change it into chiffon cake, which the texture turned out soft. Yum yum, imagine a soft cake with yummy pandan jelly! Wonderful!

Do you see a carnation on top? So cute so pretty! I wish I can make such flower in a day. Please please ^^ But I think it would be hard T^T 
I am so glad that the po po love this cake so much. She was so surprised! My mom's friends were very impressed with the cake and it was a big hit at the celebration! Not too sweet and love the super soft texture.  

Adapted from My Cooking N Baking Diary (I amended some)
INGREDIENTS:
CHIFFON CAKE
(A) 4 Egg yolks
      30g Sugar
      60g Corn Oil
      60g Milk
      90g Superfine Flour

(B) 4 Egg whites
      50g Sugar

METHOD:
1. Preheat oven at 170 Celsius.
2. Mix all the ingredients(A) then sift in flour till all combine.
3. Beat ingredients(B) till stiff.
4. Fold gently in 1/3 part of beaten egg yolk into (2) mix well. Add in remain beaten egg yolk slowly.
5. Pour the mixer into 7" round cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until a chopstick insert into the centre of the cake come out clean.
6. Cool the cake on a wire rack. Upside down. Slice into 3 equal pieces.

PANDAN JELLY LAYER 
(A) 350ml Coconut milk (200g shredded coconut+300ml water)
      400ml Pandan water (10pcs pandan leaves + 400ml water)
      125g Sugar
      1/2 Tsp salt
      4 tsp Jelly powder

(B) 85g Hoen Kwe Flour (I used 100g tube)
      300ml water

DECORATION
Shredded coconut (Add some salt and steam it for half an hour so that it can last longer.)

METHOD:
1. Mix 300ml water with Hoen Kwe flour.
2. Put the ingredients(A) in a pot, cook it, stir it till boil.
3. Mix Hoen Kwe mixture to the pot. Cook it with slow heat and stir it till the mixture till thick and smooth.

TO ASSEMBLE PANDAN LAYER CAKE

Use a 8" round cake tin, put 2-3 scoops of the Pandan Jelly Paste then put in a slice of cake on top the paste. Repeat the rest of Pandan Jelly Paste and cake. After completed all 3 slice, let it cool down and store it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.

TIPS:
Cook the jelly when the cake is ready. Because the jelly get hard easily. Remember!!

It's a very good recipe that worth to try... =)




Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. Hi,,,,i'm Lye from My cooking n Baking diary, nice cake & try out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehee glad to find your site ^^

    ReplyDelete

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.