June 13, 2013

Coffee Cake (Fathers' Day)

My model :P

This year I celebrate Fathers' Day earlier than last year. Cause my dad is going offshore one week before father day. T^T He went offshore on Monday and he came back in the afternoon. Because the wave is too strong and the the ship had to come back. It's dangerous! And my dad kept on vomiting due to  sea-sickness.T^T pity daddy...... I thought his company will rest for a few days and let the wave be calm. Who knows! On the second day they 'try' on the wave again!! And still the same, they had to come back after that. Until the third day which is yesterday, they 'try' again. The ship should reach at 3pm but at around 11am, the wave is incredible crazy. The height of the wave is higher than the ship and the ship is shaking left and right! Some of the water went into the ship! And my dad's colleagues are fell down aside. My dad told me this because he came back after that. It's been the third time already sigh. This morning they went AGAIN. AGAIN. This time I am really worrying about my dad cause I remember last night the wind and rain were quite strong.. Before I went to work this morning, I try to call him up and thanks God I can reach him. Just don't know why when I listened to his voice my tears start to drop... I just wish my dad will reach safely with his colleague please. *praying hard*




My dad love coffee so so much. Such a coffee addict-er and I believe it goes to the others father...? hmm? The time I ask myself what my daddy love to eat? In my mind will only appear Coffee!! and Kolok mee!! and actually he eats everything.. (Recently he fell in love with Mcd) :P

But he is my dad! I should make something to make him happy =) And here I made this cake. This cake smell incredible while baking and when I am mixing the icing part. And taste yummy with its strong coffee taste. You can't reduce too much sugar in this cake as the coffee's origin taste is bitter. I baked the cake when my dad was at home. He kept on staring at the cake when the cake is baking. How cute is that? :P I wish I can bring him for a trip with mom and brothers next year. I need to earn hard! Wait for us, dad! ^^





BY The Pioneer Woman 

INGREDIENTS:
FOR THE CAKE
2 cups Flour
1.5 cups Sugar(original called for 2 cups)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
180g Butter(Original called for 2 stick which is 225g)
3 Tablespoons Instant coffee Crystals
1/2 cup Buttermilk(Or, Milk + 1 teaspoon Vinegar and put aside for 10 minutes.)
2 whole Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Vanilla

FOR THE ICING: 

1-1/2 stick Butter(I used 3/4 stick)
1 pound Powdered sugar (I used 100g+)
2 Tablespoons Instant Coffee Crystals
1/2 teaspoon Salt
8 Tablespoons Heavy Cream

METHOD:

1. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Grease and flour and put a baking paper two round baking pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
3. Melt 2 sticks of butter in a pot over medium-low-heat. While that's melting, add 3 tablespoons instant coffee to 1 cup boiling water. Set aside.
4. Once butter has melted, add coffee mixture to the butter in the pot. Let it come to a boil for about 10 seconds, the turn off the heat. Set aside for just a minute.
5. In a separate bowl, add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
6. Pour the butter/coffee mixture into the flour mixture. Stir the mixture together gently. The purpose here isn't to mix it together perfectly, but to cool down the heat before adding the egg mixture.
7. Add in the egg mixture and stir gently until well combined. Then pour into pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
8. Allow to cool completely.
9. Combine all icing ingredients, the cream the cake. Chill for an hour before serving.


We love you, Mommy love you too!


Cute? :P


We celebrate in Mcd cause dad love it!

Reactions:

0 Voices:

Post a Comment

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.