July 29, 2013

Creamy Butter Chicken (Wet)



It's been a long long time that I didn't eat and cook this dish anymore. Normally at the restaurant, I will order a dry version of butter chicken, but not the wet type. Cause I love the dry egg part, so yummy! 

Few days ago, a friend of mine in facebook was asking me how to cook the wet version butter chicken . Since it's been a long time that I didn't eat it, and.....and the next day.. I straight away bought the ingredients. The happy thing for this dish are the ingredients can be gotten easily from the supermarket. 

I did this together with my boyfriend. He fried the chicken, and I get ready the remaining seasoning. 2 person cooking one dish, makes the work faster, and I can eat the dish faster too :P hehehe.  But, it also got the disadvantage, normally when I fry the chicken alone, I will 'taste' it...don't care whether it's hot or not. But now, can't taste it anymore T^T He will scold me!

This dishes is worth trying. Easy, simple and yummy. Unless you don't like the wet version of butter chicken. If you love it, you got to try this. It's almost the same taste as in the restaurant, better even! My brother said. Actually, I think this way too. Hehehe. Next time when I cook again, I will add more milk and pull up the chicken from the wok faster, but don't let the milk boil in the wok too long, cause the gravy will lessen! No way.... I love the gravy on my rice~~~




Recipe by Ah Tee Kitchen
INGREDIENTS: 
Chicken Breast 1 (Mine is 630g, cut into cube size so that when frying the chicken, the juice will not dry out easily)
Curry leaves 9 bunch 
Chilies 4 (Medium size) - Depends
Garlic suitable
Evaporated Milk 300ml
Butter 1.5 tbsp

MARINATE with chicken for at least ONE HOUR
Curry powder 3 tsp
Sugar suitable
Oyster Sauce 1.5 tsp
Sesame Oil 1/2 tsp
Egg white 1.5 tbsp
Flour 1.5 tbsp
Salt 1/2 tsp

SEASONING
Curry powder 2 tsp
Chicken Stock 1/2 tsp
Sugar 3/4 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp

METHOD:
1. Fry the marinated chicken until it reach golden in colour. Left it aside.
2. Heat the wok, melt the butter. Add in garlic, curry leaves and chilies, stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add in evaporate milk and seasoning, let it boil, when the gravy start to get thick, add in fried chicken.
4. Stir it faster until all the chickens is fully surrounded by the gravy. DONE!

Marinated chickens ^^

Dancing in the oil!

After dancing :S



Reactions:

0 Voices:

Post a Comment

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.