November 09, 2013

Onion Rings

Recipe by AllRecipes

Absolutely perfect! 


This is my first time cooking and EAT-ing onion rings! The reason is that I never ate restaurant 's onion rings due to it is very expensive. I think the price is around RM8-9? And for less than one onion only? So, I told myself I have to do it by myself in one day! And I been talking about this since last year,. Oh well, at least I still cooked it. :D 

Damn this is yummy! Such a great recipe and so easy to prepare them. "Crispy on the outside, tender in the inside", with onion it's natural sweet, ha! Who can resist it? :D

INGREDIENTS:
1 large onion, cut into 1/4 inches slices
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
3/4 cup dry bread crumb or more
seasoned salt to taste

METHOD: 
1. Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).

2. Separate the onion slices into rings, and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.

3. Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until they are all coated; set aside. Whisk the egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork. Dip the floured rings into the batter to coat, then place on a wire rack to drain until the batter stops dripping. The wire rack may be placed over a sheet of aluminum foil for easier clean up. Spread the bread crumbs out on a plate or shallow dish. Place rings one at a time into the crumbs, and scoop the crumbs up over the ring to coat. Give it a hard tap as you remove it from the crumbs. The coating should cling very well. Repeat with remaining rings. 

4. Deep fry the rings a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Season with seasoning salt, and serve.



Lastly, thank you so much for dropping by! *hugsss* I wishing you have a great day! Enjoy yea! ^^
Reactions:

0 Voices:

Post a Comment

    Followers

    Text Widget

    Powered by Blogger.